Music presented in cooperation with Gretchen Sleicher
and her www.SongsForTheGreatTurning.net web site.
To acknowledge in song our pain for the world – the suffering of myriad beings and the destruction of the natural world – engenders a shared experience that breaks us out of denial. It lets us know we are not alone or “crazy” in these feelings, which arise from our caring and connectedness. Allowing them to surface in song is collective healing.
Joan Baez sings “Blessed Are”
(Hover mouse over player to see audio controls.)
S O N G S W I T H L Y R I C S A N D R E C O R D I N G S
- We Need Peace – By Gretchen Sleicher
- Ashes and Smoke – By Linda Allen
- For the Mothers – By Betsy Rose
- May This Be An Opening – Composed and Performed by Gretchen Sleicher
- River of Tears – Music and Lyrics by Shasta Martinuk
- Sing for the Trees – By Jenni Roditi
- Walk a Mile – By Rebecca Spalding